Not Quite Supermom

Wednesday 9 March 2011

you learn something new everyday...

My lovely adorable eldest son just had a school trip to learn more about life in Britain during the war. On his return he was asked to write a newspaper article. All very educational.

So educational in fact that even my jaw dropped in shock at what i learnt whilest reading the article in a room full of parents waiting to see the teacher. Then i had to do that tricky task of trying not to laugh uncontrollably at an inappropriate time. Here is the best bit...and the most educational...





A few thoughts ran through my brain.

1. No wonder the children "where amased what the money was like". i think i would have been too...
2. How did Miss Prince his teacher find out it takes 12 penis' to make a shilling. Maybe she needs a pay rise
3. Well done to my son for being able to spot fakes. He will be very useful to me when trying to purchase designer handbags on Ebay.
4. we need to work on his spelling as i cant have him going through life thinking thats correct..although it is tempting..


A+ for effort i think



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So you're telling me that now that we've worked on speech corrections and we can say our nice words without them being mispronounced naughty sounding words.....We will now have misspelled words that look like naughty words? Nice!

notquitesupermom said...

is penis a naughty word? or just the anatomically correct word? i love the innocence of it..he spells it how he understands it..so pennies= pen-i-s. gotta love phonetics...

Miranda said...

I stumbled upon your blog, and am happy that I did so. I laughed VERY hard at this. Mainly because my 4 y/o son used to refer to "pizza" as "penis".....so he would walk around all day telling everyone what he wanted for lunch. Thanks so much for the laugh. If we can't make fun of our children then we shouldn't be moms!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.