Not Quite Supermom

Monday 26 January 2009

Not quite Supermom from the start

Looking back on my parenting life I think it was abundantly obvious that I probably wasn't cut out to be a Supermom right from the first morning in hospital after I had my first son.

I had spent the night lying looking at him...on a huge high after the birth. By the time it was morning I was exhausted from staying awake for the last 30 something hours.

In an optimistic mood I decided to go and have a good wash and get dressed.

I wheeled my baby in his cot to the bathroom with me and looked in the mirror.

Not a very good idea.

My mouth was really dry so I decided to brush my teeth.

Without looking I reached down into my washbag, got my toothpaste and brush, put the toothpaste on the brush and started to brush my teeth.

I had just got really into brushing my teeth when I noticed the toothpaste wasn't quite the same taste as I was used to. It was pepperminty but also had a strange type of chalky texture that I couldnt quite place.

As I looked down in horror I saw that I had mistakenly picked up the wrong tube.

What I was looking at was not a tube of toothpaste it was a tube of Anusol.

This is a tube of Anusol...





This is a tube of toothpaste...





Don't make the same mistake I did.



3 comments:

Lilye said...

Your blog is cool. I relate to not being a supermom. Enjoying your blog.

notquitesupermom said...

Awww...thank you! Like your blog too! Im sure there are loads of not supermoms out there! And we do a good job at it too!!

The Royal Family said...

how funny. I laughed. Anyway I'm def. not a supermom... just trying my best. ha ha

The Buzz,
Brandy

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.