Not Quite Supermom

Monday 19 January 2009

10 reasons I am not a SuperMom

1. My children call me Mean Mommy. Or sometimes just Meanie. Maybe this shows I am doing my parenting job correctly? I'm not convinced.
2. I dont allow glitter in my house. Never. Not since the Great Glitter Incident of 2003
3. I didn't notice Ryan went to school with his trousers on back to front until 7pm that night. Ditto Alfies shoes being on the wrong feet until he fell over.
4. I'm really really really pleased when the kids go to bed. I mean REALLY pleased. Bordering on ecstatic.
5. Sometimes I find playing Star Wars, pirates, teachers, or whatever the current game is really really boring.
6. Im always saying "in a minute" or "just give me 5 minutes."
7. I have on a few occasions not noticed my toddlers nappy needs changing until it is so saggy it falls down and pops out the bottom of his trouser leg.
8. I forgot it was my friends little boys party last Sunday. They had to call me halfway through the party to find out where I was.
9. I find it hard to remember my kids birthday dates. For some reason I get a bit confused.
10. I quite often call my children by each others names or by the dogs names.

5 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

It sounds like you're a great mom to me.
I'm curious about the "Great Glitter Incident of 2003" :->

Lindsey said...

Ah ha ha ha! I am laughing out loud... especially about the 'REALLY happy when the kids go to bed' part! I often feel guilty for soooooooooooo looking forward to that blessed moment.

notquitesupermom said...

To Ann...I am still a bit traumatized by the Great Glitter Incident! Not sure I have had enough therapy to go into depth..suffice to say it was a mess. A big one. And washing 10 tonnes of glitter from a sticky dribbly baby is not the easiest thing in the world. I think Im still cleaning up.....

Lindsey...you are like my little blogging Angel!

Renee' said...

Just so you know you're not the only one...My name was changed to Mean Mom about 4 years ago when my oldest turned 4, I hate glitter ((and playdoh)), using the phrase "gimme a minute" has become second nature to me & I often feel like jumping for joy also once I know all 4 of my kids are sleeping! LOL!

Love your blog, keep the good stories coming. ttfn.

Lilye said...

Your a good mom. I am looking at the clock by the end of the day for the magical bedtime.

Also, I am always calling my kids by the others. Isac, Aaron, Aaron, Isac. :}

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.